Registriere dich bei Typografie.info und schalte sofort alle Mitgliederfunktionen (einschließlich des Download-Portals) frei …

Hi! I need help! (I don't speak german).

Empfohlene Beiträge

Ponczi

Hello!

I'm studying graphic design in Wroclaw (Breslau). It's my last semester, so I need to write ending thesis to get a diploma :) The title of my work is "Culture aspects of communication design". Some years ago I have found a srap of old german newspaper in a wall during the repairs in my parents house. I'm from small city in Lower Silesia, so there is a lot of old german houses. Now, when I'm older (and I need to get a diploma ofcourse! :D) I want to make a culture experiment. I want to make a newspaper, but not an ordinary one. I will take all text and photos from the present newspaper from my hometown and put it into layout from an old german newspaper. After all I want to print it and make a survey. In my opinion it will be a little shock, because people don't really think about history of their city. Everybody knows that some time ago there was a big culture swap, but I want to know how HARD they know :) but there is a little problem... I can't find out what font was used in that newspaper. I have spend some time in archives and found the exactly same newspaper. It's from 9 July 1937. It's something between "Kilingspor" by Rudolf Koch and "EF Fraktur Bold". I will upload some images. Thank you all for your help!

Best Regards,

Mateusz

Kathrinvdm

Hello Ponczi, welcome at typografie.info  :huhu:

Congratulations to your very interesting project, it sounds promising!

Why don’t you post this topic also at our english site – you might get more or additional feedback over there.  :-)

• Gefällt 1
Wrzlprmft

Ralf, can you move the whole topic to the English site? It would lead to confusion, if we have this at two places at once.

That being said, the body text is too small on your pictures to determine the typeface. As for the headlines, obviously several fonts are used. I can do some research on the others later, but one of them is Mainzer Fraktur, a free digitalisation of which I happen to have been working on. This may be interesting for your project, as it does contain all special characters needed for Polish, and hopefully with a proper design (if not, I am eager to learn about it and fix it). You can get the latest built here or take the version from the website.

• Gefällt 2
Gast
Dieses Thema wurde für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Unsere Partner

Entdecke hunderte Font-Sonderangebote.
Mit über 130.000 Fonts der größte Schriften-Shop im Internet.
Hier beginnt deine kreative Reise.
FDI Type Foundry besuchen
FDI Neumeister jetzt kostenlos laden und nutzen …
  • Neu erstellen...

🍪 Hinweis:

Wir benutzen funktionale Cookies.